Job Opportunity in USA
Title: Business Operations Lead (Remote – Americas)
About the role
We’re looking for a Business Operations Lead in Shopify’s COO office team. In this role, you will partner with senior leaders across Shopify to tackle some of the company’s most important and ambiguous challenges. To do this you will bring structure, data-driven insights and creativity to complex problems that don’t fit neatly into one area of the company. After bringing structure and putting a plan in place, you will ensure that there is ongoing ownership of the solutions whether it be through other teams or within Business Operations to ensure we are building sustainable systems that will power the Shopify rocket ship for years to come.
What will your early journey look like at Shopify?
Month 1 – Participate in Shopify’s onboarding program, immerse yourself in learning Shopify products and our merchants, get to know other Shopifolk and our culture, start to familiarize yourself with our merchants, our products, and the way we work today.
Month 3 – Lead your first projects, digging deep in our existing operational systems and data to unlock new insights, guiding cross functional teams pulled from across across Shopify’s commercial, product, finance and data teams, engaging with Shopify leaders to influence change, strengthening your knowledge of the commerce industry (online and offline).
Month 6 – Own operational activities for Shopify, identifying areas that require support, building plans to attack areas needing attention, assembling teams, engaging stakeholders and quickly turning insights into impact.
Month 12 – Lead a Business Operations team, you will be well known by Shopify leaders and in-demand for your ability to quickly tackle any type of problem and drive impact while ensuring that we never stray from the core principles of our mission to make commerce better for everyone.
Relevant experience for the role:
- 4-8 years of demonstrated success in investment banking, management consulting, startups, or other business operations related fields
- Data & insights: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and a demonstrated track record of leveraging data to drive business impact
- Collaboration: Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to rapidly build trust with others to take on large tasks quickly and effectively
- Action orientation: A clear drive for action and ability to act without being told what to do
- Communication: Superior written and verbal communication skills that enable you to communicate complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way for any audience (e.g., executives, engineers, or customer facing teams)
- Organization & planning: Independently plan and proactively organize, focusing on key priorities and adapting when required
- Leadership: Experience leading teams and providing mentorship to direct and/or indirect reports
- Growth mindset: a builder’s mentality and the integrity to identify and drive decisions that focus on building long term value for merchants
Requirements for the role:
- Experience working at a high growth tech company
- Experience in retail space (online and/or offline)
- Experience with SQL
We know that applying for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Todd Scheidt is looking forward to reading your cover letter. Closing date: Monday, November 1, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us by Monday, November 8, 2021 at 5:00PM EDT.