Position: Claims Specialist I
Company: CUNA Mutual Group
Job Location: Remote,
Job Profile Summary:
This position is a specialist service provider for incoming/outgoing providing guidance to other team members and educating individuals and setting expectations on the claim process. This role will also make claim determinations and settlement of express claims, identify claims for follow up or complex claim handling. This role is also responsible for educating members on policy provisions, exclusions, interpreting financial and non-financial information online and following claim requirements and procedures to determine what activity has transpired.
- Handle and document incoming/outgoing claim calls.
- Provide resolution to customer questions and educates them on the claim process
- Initiate and complete claim settlement transactions fitting the express claim criteria
- Deliver and unparalleled customer service experience to deliver on the claims promise
- Follow documented department claim procedures and requirements defined by claims good faith claim handling guidelines
- Handles escalated calls with complex problems
- Assist with procedure and policy documentation
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn.
Claim Specialist I Competencies include:
- Serve the Customer
- Drive for Results
- Knowledge of CUNA Mutual Group
Compensation may vary based on the job level, your geographic work location, position incentive plan and exemption status.
Base Salary Range: $37,100.00 – $55,700.00
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.