Webtoon is a world leader in digital entertainment with over 72 million unique monthly readers. We’re looking for exceptional artists to join us as paid and credited freelancers, assisting on original series.
Our freelance artists work closely with the Webtoon producorial team. The producorial team is responsible for the acquisition, development, and creation of original and adapted series. We are interested in creative professionals from a variety of disciplines including (but not limited to): fine art, comics, animation, and games.
This is a remote position.
- Work with a group of freelance artists to create the art for a comic series
- Provide assistance on: Flatting, Lighting/Shading, 3D Modeling, Lettering, Inking, Background Creation, Storyboarding
- Collaborate with large production team
- Edit panels by existing artists
- Stick to strict weekly deadlines
- Must be a student or graduate in/of an accredited program or have comparable work experience.
- A love of comics and eagerness to learn
- Access to Photoshop (or equivalent program)
- Expert Photoshop skills preferred
- Strong interest in and knowledge of popular culture and current trends
- Be able to work remotely
- A resume
- A cover letter that includes which of the following roles you feel comfortable performing: Flatting, Lighting/Shading, 3D Modeling, Lettering, Inking, Background Creation, Storyboarding
- Samples of existing creative work not to exceed ten total pages