Job Identification: 10116
Locations: New York, United States
Posting Date: 05/01/2023, 11:45 PM
Apply Before: 05/15/2023, 09:44 AM
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Practice Area: Management
Bureau: Office of Audit and Investigations
Independent office: Office of Audit and Investigations
Contract Duration: 2 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience: Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages: English
Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Office of Audit and Investigations (OAI) is tasked with providing an effective system of independent and objective oversight. This is done in two ways: through the internal audit function, and through the investigations function.
OAI is the only office in UNDP with the mandate to investigate allegations of wrongdoing. OAI investigates allegations of fraud, corruption and other financial irregularities; retaliation on whistle-blowers; abuse of authority, workplace harassment; willful disregard of UNDP regulations and rules; and any other activities that would violate the standards of conduct expected of an international civil servant. OAI also investigates allegations against parties external to UNDP (e.g. contractors or implementing partners) where the allegation involves significant financial irregularities committed to the detriment of UNDP.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Deputy Director (Investigations), the Administrative Associate provides administrative and operational support for the investigations function. The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with Administrative Associates in New York to ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. Full confidentiality in all aspects of the work is critical to this position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide efficient administrative support, in conformity with standard operating procedures, including the following tasks:
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents and minutes of meetings
- Organization and maintenance of proper (Automated) filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Prompt exchange of information and follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken with OAI units and with other UNDP Offices.
- Recording and maintenance of attendance and leave reports. Coordination and recording of travel and leave schedules of the Investigations Section staff
- Organization and coordination of regular and ad-hoc meetings
- Other administrative support tasks, as requested by the Deputy Director, Investigations Specialists or the Operations Specialist;2. Provide efficient operational support, in conformity with policies and standard operating procedures and in close coordination with the OAI Operations Specialist, including the following tasks
- Travel administration: arrangement of flight bookings, daily subsistence allowances, visa applications and other travel-related requirements, including post travel arrangements. Enter travel requests and expenses reports in Atlas travel module.
- Procurement and Internship administration: Administer a full procurement process for procurement of individual consultant, Personnel Service Agreement (PSA), and Internship cases pertaining to
- Investigations Section. Preparation of purchase orders or vouchers and/or receipts; vendor profiles, monitor invoices, follow-up on delivery of goods and services. Perform a Buyer’s role in Atlas for
- procurement-related transaction. Create vendor profiles in Atlas.
- Procurement and contract management of Individual Consultants (IC), PSA and interns vendors and assets for the Investigation Section; Preparation of ToR’s and supporting documentation for the management of
- ICs and the submissions to the Contract Asset and Procurement Committee and Advisory Committee on
- Procurement. Monitoring investigations consultancy contracts extensions, renewals, payments and time worked.
- Budget administration: Manage and monitor the utilization of investigations budget; maintaining relevant spreadsheets; regularly review expenditures data; initiate cost recoveries.
- Administer filing system of payment documentations pertaining to Investigations Section: manage the soft filings of all IS- related payments, including corporate cards; administer the hard copy of IS- related corporate card payments in OAI’s filing arrangement.
- Occasionally support Operations team with recruitment of Investigations positions, as and when required due to the absence of the Operations Administrative Associate.
3. Povide efficient support to investigation-related activities, in conformity with standard operating procedures, including the following tasks:
- Create cases in the database based on the information received by mail, email or hotline and from any other source as necessary
- In coordination with the Information Management Associate, maintain and review data and documentation related to the IS intranet and related websites.
- Maintenance and record keeping of the IS conference room calendar.
- Issue staff separation clearances based on the Investigation records.
- Assist the Investigation Specialists by providing data when required
- Cover the functions of another Investigations Administrative Associate during her/his absence
4. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures.
- Assist in organizing training events for Investigations staff.
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to the ongoing development of professional practices within OAI and corporate
- knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Deputy Director (Investigations)
Core Competencies – Details
Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Business management – Customer Satisfaction / Client Management:
Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency.
Provide consistent solutions and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfill and understand the real customers’ needs.
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concern
- Business Development – Communication:
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Administration & Operations – Utilization of corporate credit card:
Ability to ensure proper use of corporate credit card for official use; knowledge of relevant policy and procedures.
- Finance – Budget management:
Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
- Administration & Operations – ERP travel and expense module
Knowledge of the ERP Travel and Expense Module; ability to provide help desk support to UNDP and other UN agencies
Procurement management: The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
Contract management: Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education; or.
- University Degree, preferably in Business or Public Administration, will be given due consideration.
- Certification in finance, accounting is advantageous.
- Certification in administration; procurement is desirable.
- A minimum of six years (secondary) or 3 years (Bachelor) of relevant experience in administration or programme support services.
- Experience in the usage of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Working experience in using web-based management systems is strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with UNDP Enterprise Resources Planning system (ERP) system is advantageous.
- Fluency in English is required.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply for this job please visit estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.