World Bank Group
(Associate) Syndications Officer
Job #: req25950
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: London,United Kingdom
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Spanish
Closing Date: 2/21/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record $43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Syndicated Loans and Debt Mobilization Department (“CSL”) is tasked with raising external funds for IFC clients through the B Loan program, Parallel Loans, Credit Insurance Policies (“CIP”), the Managed Co-Lending Portfolio Program (“MCPP”), and Debt Securities Syndication (“DSS”). Our syndications partners are international and local commercial banks, Development Finance Institutions (“DFI”), funds and institutional investors. The Department is also responsible for the ongoing syndicated loan portfolio management engagements with third-party investors.
CSL is seeking a Syndications Officer / Associate Syndications Officer in the regional Syndications EMEA team, based in London, United Kingdom. The Syndications Officer / Associate Syndications Officer will report to the Head Syndications for the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to or lead the syndication process with international, regional, and local commercial banks, DFIs, funds and institutional investors. For the Officer-level position, lead increasing complex syndications new business and portfolio projects. Build and manage relationships with these investors and identify investor behavior and needs and apply those to determine feasibility of syndications or impact on portfolio.
- Conduct deal-specific market soundings, review company, economic and financial information for new transactions.
- Advise IFC project teams on deal structure and pricing; propose and discuss syndication strategy for individual syndications and develop list of prospective banks and other co-financiers. For the Officer-level position, collaborate with senior colleagues and/or counterparts to develop and execute syndications and/or syndicated loan management negotiation options.
- Prepare information memoranda, executive summaries and other reports for the bank market in collaboration with relevant Investment Department. Follow international lending markets and banking activities to understand and anticipate trends. Regularly and proactively share market information with IFC colleagues.
- Play a material role in the documentation process for the syndicated financing, especially the communication with co-financiers. This can be a coordinating or a leading role depending on syndication products and the other financiers on the project.
- Manage assigned syndicated loan portfolio by providing high-quality service to B Loan participants/parallel lenders/MCPP investors on ongoing project work (amendments, waivers, restructurings, information transmission on key developments, responding to inquiries). Ensure contractual responsibilities are being met.
- Support initiatives to grow the range of syndication co-financiers, develop new syndication products, or improve departmental processes.
- Prepare reporting for various internal and external constituents.
- For the Officer-level position, mentor junior colleagues and new staff.
- M.B.A. or equivalent master’s level degree in finance with at least 4-8 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a leading international bank or other financial institution in emerging markets. Broad exposure to the syndicated loan market both corporate finance and project finance, capital markets, and swaps.
- Extensive experience with loan documentation and credit issues for private sector companies and project financings in developing countries.
- Experience with market intelligence research tools including Dealogic – Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications and book-running platforms such as Debt Domain and Intralinks.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively influence the support and perception of clients/partners. Ability to draft documents and reports that are concise, well-organized and appropriately focused on the most critical points that are relevant to the target audience.
- Pro-active, resourceful, and self-motivated with ability to involve others in decision making and seek guidance when appropriate. Able to listen to diverse ideas and approaches, and pro-actively share own perspective.
- Able to manage several tasks concurrently, prioritize, and collaborate in global organization with teams that are based worldwide which requires flexibility outside regular office hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group Staff Member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, they will retain their Regular or Open-Ended appointment. If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group Staff Member with a Term appointment that expires later than the end date of this appointment, they will retain the duration of their current Term appointment.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.