World Bank Group
Job #: req22300
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): N/A
Closing Date: 5/2/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Are you Ready for a Career with Impact? Match your passion with our mission: ASSURANCE, INSIGHT, ADVICE.
Now is an exciting time to join our team! Join the World Bank Group’s Internal Audit team (GIA), and you will have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future by supporting the WBG mission for greater good. We are looking for people who can think innovatively, are enthusiastic, and who enjoy working in teams.
Group Internal Audit (GIA) helps to protect and enhance World Bank Group processes by providing independent, objective and insightful risk-based assurance and advisory services. We encourage you to visit our website.
Our IT Audit Staff are passionate about the execution and delivery of assurance and advisory engagements covering IT, Data Management, and other key strategic initiatives of the World Bank Group.
Scope & Accountabilities
The Audit Supervisor within GIA’s Information Technology (IT) team will be a senior member of the internal audit team and will be expected to primarily lead the execution and delivery of audit/advisory engagements covering information technology processes of the Bank, IFC, MIGA and ICSID. The Audit Supervisor will also work closely with the Program Manager, IT Audit in the course of developing and executing GIA’s risk-based work program. The Audit Supervisor will report to the Program Manager, IT Audit who will be responsible for mentoring, performance evaluation and overall learning and professional development.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
5 Some specific responsibilities for this role will include:
• Leading the dynamic risk assessment process, collecting input from management, and assessing WBG’s strategic initiatives and changes in the business to inform audit work program, specifically focused on IT and Data related risks. Providing thought leadership in WBG-wide assessment of risks, based on deep understanding of the WBG institutions’ technology and sharing insights and knowledge
• Maintaining business relationships with appropriate levels of IT management to ensure that GIA is aware of changes in business activities and objectives and supporting the IT Audit Program Manager in developing and the executing the risk-based IT audit plan
• Planning and supervising multiple audit and advisory engagements simultaneously to meet GIA’s work program objectives and timeline commitments. This includes determining staffing requirements (both in-house and co-sourced) for projects and actively monitoring the actual level of effort and elapsed time to meet cost and timeline commitments
• Ensuring all audit program steps meet project objectives and are completed and reviewed on schedule; Monitoring progress and results and designing feedback loop, where required, to resolve bottlenecks
• Leading the audit teams to understand and assess the IT system flows, technology risks, and the related controls supporting the business processes
• Performing preliminary evaluation of control exceptions to determine if a deficiency exists and the level of that deficiency. Discussing observations with management to agree on risks and remediation needed
• Communicating and validating findings and recommendations to all levels of departmental and operating unit management, verbally and through concisely written reports
• Independently developing succinct and impactful reports for communicating engagement results to Senior Management and the Board
• Supervising staff and reviewing their work to ensure it meets GIA standards
• Providing ongoing coaching to team members of various levels and experience and providing key input into performance evaluations for auditors
• Leading non-audit engagements, initiatives and external outreach opportunities as
• Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) is required along with at least one other relevant certification such as Certified information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), 6 Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or other relevant technology professional certifications.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills –
• Demonstrated expertise as a lead auditor/manager or practitioner in at least two of the following areas:
* IT Project/Program Management
* Information security and cybersecurity frameworks
* Network architecture and design
* Cloud technology and security
* Databases and Operating Systems
• Experienced with working knowledge of areas such as IT governance, cloud technology /application development and lifecycle management; information security including cybersecurity operations, incident response/recovery; identity and access management, operating systems, and data protection/privacy management
• Proven track record of leading teams effectively to achieve challenging outcomes
• Solid understanding of internal audit practices and the International Professional Practices Framework
• Highly proficient in English, both speaking and writing. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills to relay audit results to various management levels and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to convey ideas clearly and write succinct reports.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze ranges of data and end to end processes to evaluate testing exceptions and emerging risk/control themes arising in audits, continuous monitoring activities and issue validations
• Excellent partnering skills and stakeholder management with proven collaboration skills to effectively work across organizational boundaries, internally and externally with a sense of mutuality and respect
Preferred Experience –
• Experience of working in public accounting firms (or Big 4 firms) or reputable IT consulting firms
• Experience of working in financial institutions, international organizations, or similar multinational matrix environments.
• Exposure and working knowledge to initiate or collaborate to develop and implement data analytics and related visualizations
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.