International Youth Foundation
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Business Development
This is a fully remote position based in the United States, and IYF will consider remote candidates in the following states only: California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and Washington D.C. Candidates outside of the Eastern Standard Time (EST) time zone should be willing to work EST hours. Candidates in other states or outside the United States will not be considered.
Director, Business Development
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For over thirty years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with local community-based organizations and a network of corporate, foundation, and multilateral partners, we connect young people with opportunities to transform their lives. We believe that educated, employed, engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems, and we focus our youth development efforts on three linked objectives: unlocking agency, driving economic opportunity, and making systems more inclusive. Our vision is to see young people inspired and equipped to realize the future they want. The International Youth Foundation: Transforming Lives, Together. For more information, please consult https://iyfglobal.org/
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Business Development Coordinator helps secure funding and resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position contributes to positioning for and pursuit of funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position will work with the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Business Development (BD) team focused on US government and other public donor institutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracking Funding Opportunities: Support IYF’s strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal by tracking funding opportunities, including monitoring funder websites, reviewing new opportunities, and synthesizing and sharing information in a timely and appropriate manner (e.g., daily opportunity briefs, monthly USAID Forecast pulls).
Reporting and Communications: Lead and coordinate development of BD inputs for the quarterly Board report, and report on ODA BD metrics within IYF’s strategy measurement process. Monitor the BD email inbox to share communications with the appropriate individuals and manage IYF’s accounts on BD-related websites and services.
- Knowledge Management (KM): Serve as the KM point person for the ODA BD team, ensuring updated and accurate file management and adherence to IYF’s KM policies and procedures. Develop reports and dashboards using IYF’s Salesforce platform, and as a Salesforce “Super User,” serve as a technical and quality assurance resource for the ODA BD team. Develop, manage, and maintain a library of capacity statements and past performance references.
- Proposal Support: Develop “quick sheets” summarizing complex funding opportunities for use by proposal teams. Support the development, finalization, and packaging of proposals for submission. Assist with recruitment of field-based staff for proposals and the inclusion of required staffing information in proposals. Assist with responding to due diligence requests from partners and donors.
- Positioning: Conduct competitive landscape analyses for youth development in specific countries, as well as other research that helps position IYF for funding opportunities. Develop tailored institutional capacity statements, past performance references, and other marketing materials that convey IYF’s competitive advantage.
- Proposal Management: Serve as Proposal Manager on select business development opportunities, managing them in accordance with established IYF processes and procedures, supporting cross-functional proposal teams to design and produce high quality submissions that comply with funder requirements and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice. Serve as the business development point of contact for funding opportunities led by program and technical staff outside of the ODA BD team, ensuring staff have access to the information they need and that IYF’s go/no-go and quality control standards are followed.
- Process Improvement: Develop and share guidance on BD processes and tools with appropriate audiences, and support capacity-building for other staff involved in BD efforts.
- Administration: Provide high quality, timely administrative support to the ODA BD team (e.g., arranging meetings, providing basic IT support, notetaking, processing consultant contracts).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 years of experience working in the non-profit sector or other relevant sector.
- Excellent reading, writing, and communication skills in English. Strong ability to read complex documents and then summarize them in concise ways that clearly highlight key information to inform decision making.
- Experience and/or ability to maintain and manage customer relationship management (CRM) systems, such as Salesforce. Excellent computer skills using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate for working effectively in a multicultural, international team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgments and work independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
While not required, the following qualifications are a strong plus:
- Experience in the fields of international development, business development, and/or youth development.
- Basic knowledge of the proposal development process for USAID, FCDO, other international government development agencies, multilateral institutions, and/or private sector corporate and foundation funders.
- Direct experience working in Salesforce.
- Proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish or French.
- Experience working and living internationally.
IYF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.iyf
To apply for this job please visit iyfglobal.bamboohr.com.