Customer Operations Manager
Date posted: Aug 28, 2023
Job number: 1611632
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Business Operations
Discipline: Business Program Management
Employment type: Full-Time
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works, and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations – and the value we deliver across Microsoft, our partners, and our customers. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Microsoft Enterprise Direct Services, within Microsoft Business Operations, provides direct and centralized operations services for Direct Enterprise Agreement customers to transact with Microsoft. We are accountable to design and executing transactional services across the Enterprise customer lifecycle. We relentlessly pursue process efficiency, timeliness, quality, and compliance, all while providing world class Customer experience. We are looking for team members to join our team to focused on delivering an exceptional Customer experience with deep expertise in Contracting, Order Management, Billing and Supplier Management and Customer relationship experience.
The Customer Operations Manager is responsible for customer-facing licensing solutions and must be a subject matter expert within our Volume Licensing concepts and processes. The Customer Operations Manager will provide direct, front line transactional support for Microsoft Field sellers and our customers. The Customer Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring adherence with the Microsoft account plan, ensuring deliverables are executed on time and of high quality for our customers.
The role will also provide fantastic opportunities to lead and shape next generation experiences for internal stakeholders and end customers. Are you ready to make an impact in this exciting and challenging role?
Contracting and Order Management
- Deal and Contract Validation: Manage the validation and execution of agreements and post sales lifecycle transactions enabling accuracy in downstream financial processes followed by compliant issuance of customer contracts in accordance with Policies, Global and SOX approved deal financials.
- Pipeline Management: Manage critical deal lists on a monthly and quarterly basis in alignment with expectations with the Sales, Sales Excellence and key Subsidiary sales stakeholders on all critical deals for the month.
- Billing Execution: ensuring accurate and compliant order and invoice approval and dispatch (standard and local) to maximize cash flow and collectability for all invoices.
- Credit Approval management: including orchestration of all Finance exception approvals on high value credits and execution of all credits and associated rebills.
- Billing status and risk management: including tracking and communicating contract billing status to key stakeholders highlighting risks with contractual requirements, customer PO coverage, customer sign offs and credit/payment status.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all operational customer service inquiries, concerns, and issues.
- Oversee the daily operations of the customer service team to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Monitor customer service metrics and KPIs to identify areas of improvement and implement strategies to boost performance.
- Handle escalated customer service issues and complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Work closely with other departments to resolve customer issues and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline the customer service operation.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices to ensure the customer service team is providing the highest level of service possible.
- Generate reports on customer service metrics and activity for senior leader consumption and monthly business reviews.
Operations Excellence: Optimization and Process improvement
- Acts as a thought leader to drive consistency in processes, capabilities, and services meeting performance expectations for consistency, accuracy, simplification, and timeliness of delivery.
- Trusted advisor for customers and internal clients on operational processes and capabilities, and provides efficient, scalable operational solutions across a portfolio of accounts.
Stakeholder Management (Field, Partners, Customers)
- Uses voice of customer frameworks and metrics to identify trends and influences across multiple customers and internal groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND operations, program management or process management work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- On site presence minimum 3 days/week.
- Experience using multiple languages in a professional capacity: German, Spanish, Italian and French among others.
- Experience in a customer service environment in a large, matrixed multinational company.
- Experience with similar industry Business Value deal constructions.
- Experience with Microsoft licensing concepts, including contracts, quotes and invoices, as well as evaluation and review of complex proposals, agreements, and amendments.
- Experience providing direct support for Microsoft Volume Licensing sales and support lifecycle.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.