Datacenter Project Manager
Quincy, Washington, United States
Date posted: Jun 21, 2023
Job number: 1573335
Work site: Microsoft on-site only
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Data Center
Discipline: Data Center Operations Management
Employment type: Full-Time
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Datacenter Project Manager (DCPM).
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Project Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of dedicated advisors working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
Data Center Operations
- Ensure compliance with data center business units and service-level policies.
- Engage with appropriate teams and resources to execute tasks or projects.
- Manage programs associated with area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate conscientiousness on cost adheres to budget requirements; keep costs reasonable and contribute to staying within budget.
- Follow and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures. Report immediately any safety or security issues or concerns.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process as appropriate.
- Perform troubleshooting for service incidents and escalates, as appropriate, to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA)/Operational-level agreements (OLA), with minimal disruption to the client/customer and business.
- Learn the customer’s business and maintain a dedicated customer focus.
- Manage the assigned projects or programs to meet service delivery objectives and escalate to appropriate stakeholders to remove obstacles.
- Recognize potential customer impact of other events and issues (e.g., customer lockdown), communicate potential impact, and plan for impact accordingly.
- Proactively review schedules and avoid conflicts when possible. Identify, coordinate, manage expectations, and offer alternatives when defining customer solutions.
- Manage relationships with clients and suppliers to ensure that all expectations are clarified, understood, documented, and met.
Data Center Work Environment
- Share best practices; assist others in learning role, process, procedures.
- Provide mentorship across data centers for specific expertise.
- Seek training opportunities that meet the interest of the business as well as own career goals and objectives.
- Suggest ways for reducing risk of performing maintenance; work with others to accommodate scheduling needs.
- improvements in implementation based on depth of understanding.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by learning and adopting best practices.
- Contribute constructively during team meetings and in cross-discipline collaborations within the service team.
- Recognize priority of team success over individual achievement.
- Collaborate and negotiate effectively with others and seek guidance from management to identify delegates to deliver results.
- In alignment with management priorities, hold self accountable for the end-to-end service quality, completeness, and resulting customer experience (including but not limited to availability, safety, security, customer service). Support escalation of issues to appropriate owner.
- Embody our culture and values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND 1+ years industry experience
- OR 2+ years industry experience and college course work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 2+ years’ experience in Critical Environment infrastructures (e.g., UPS, Generator, AHU) or working in physical IT infrastructures (e.g., Servers, SANs, Networking, Capacity, DC Rack/Enclosures, structured cabling).
- Technical College degree in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Applicable certifications: ASICS/Inventory Control, CompTIA, Microsoft, Network Certifications, PMP, ITIL, CDCP.
Data Center Operations Management IC3 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 – $154,100 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $102,700 – $169,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.