World Bank Group
Job #: req23101
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Bulgarian
Closing Date: 6/23/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations. Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
The Operations & Corporate (ITSOC) department at ITS continuously delivers innovative products and solutions, transitioning from multiple successes to an embedded, systematic approach that brings to the clients of ITSOC the values of the Digital Era. For that, ITSOC is seeking an IT Analyst to support its Digital Acceleration Team. The key role of the team is to facilitate business transformation by providing a holistic, integrated view of the Operations and Corporate Department portfolio (Operations & Corporate Domain, Digital Workplace Domain, Data & Analytics Domain) that aligns IT investments with business strategy and improves business efficiency by identifying change opportunities.
The IT Analyst will work as part of the Digital Acceleration team, collaborating closely with team members and other stakeholders within ITSOC to translate industry best practices and emerging technology trends into the Bank’s context to help address clients’ development needs and challenge. They will play a vital role in supporting the team’s efforts to deliver value to its clients.
Duties and Accountabilities:
This role requires a good understanding of both business and technology aspects of products and solutions, as well as on digital strategy challenges and opportunities including strong communication and people skills. The primary responsibilities for this position are listed below:
- As part of the Digital Acceleration team, work closely with ITSOC Product teams to envision and define future operational strategies, considering emerging trends, and prioritizing them effectively.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis in the context of digital possibilities to identify potential value created by digital technologies. Monitor and evaluate emerging digital trends, technologies, and industry best practices to support the Digital Strategy in terms of opportunities for innovation and competitive advantage.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation, external trends analysis, industry trends, including reports, business cases, and use case scenarios.
- Assist in monitoring and measuring the performance of digital initiatives, analyzing key metrics, and providing insights for continuous improvement.
- Assis in monitoring and measuring team performance in agile practices and tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 2 years relevant experience in disciplines such as Information technology, Computes science, Digital Marketing, Business Disciplines, etc OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience covering the specific job responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven experience as an Analyst, preferably in a digital transformation or technology-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience of working in larger organizations with complex landscapes.
- Broad understanding of the technology landscape, including current and emerging digital solutions, with proven experience in applying emerging technologies to the business (ML, AI, IoT, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret information from various sources.
- Proficiency in conducting research, analyzing information, and presenting findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in using visualization tools or techniques to communicate insights effectively.
- Familiarity with agile principles, practices and tools
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills, with a strong command of English and the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively format.
- Passion for technology, business, market trends, with a preference for depth in digital workplace, business analytics, and cloud technologies areas.
- Organized, persistent, and proactive. Ability to work and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view. Able to use strong interpersonal and teamwork skills to cultivate effective, productive client relationships and partnerships across organizational boundaries.
Note: “The selected person will be hired on two years renewable Term contract which can be extended based on business needs and performance.”
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.