Executive Business Administrator
Redmond, Washington, United States
Date posted: Jul 12, 2023
Job number: 1585702
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Role type: Individual Contributor
Discipline: Business Support
Employment type: Full-Time
If you are passionate about your role as a business support professional – we’d like to learn more about you.
Office Product Group (OPG) is seeking an Executive Business Administrator supporting our Vice President of Engineering Systems.
This position requires someone who has
- the ability to effectively manage a high and time sensitive workload with a positive attitude,
- the ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity
- possesses the ability to set priorities, handle multiple time critical tasks simultaneously, and run the team in in a structured way.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide complex administrative support for the VP, including calendar management with attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Rhythm of Business (ROB) – Creates, builds, and manages annual rhythm of business (ROB) with the leader. Prepares team for ROB cadence and helps to manage workloads across multiple ROBs/orchestration across multiple ROBs.
- Effectively lead and support the business administrators within the team.
- Manage domestic and international travel scheduling end-to-end including the proactive anticipation of logistics and itineraries.
- Process expense reports in a timely manner, as well as interim approve their Directs’ expense reports.
- Manage end-to-end logistics for CVP’s team meetings and offsites, which includes meeting logistics (booking space and catering). The responsibilities may extend into assisting with content and presenters.
Work closely and collaboratively with the other business administrators within OPG and across Microsoft
- Develop a deep knowledge of the overall business group strategy, as well as company policy, and act as an information resource to the business group.
- Anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks and make timely decisions across the business group.
Budget management, including creating Purchase Orders, and tracking spend in partnership with the leadership team.
Maintain organizational charts, team aliases, other administrative projects as assigned.
- Procurement of goods and services using internal tools (MyOrder and Employee Device Management tool)
- Balance multiple projects end to end with varying deadlines, while maintaining executional and operational excellence within the business and across business groups as applicable.
- Additional Team projects as needed.
- Space Management and Planning
- 7+ years Administrative, Business Support, or customer service experience in an environment with an emphasis on scheduling meetings/events, travel management, and administration work for executive/upper level management.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Human Resources [HR], Marketing, Communications, Psychology, Sociology)
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience serving as mentor to others.
- 5+ years experience reviewing and managing administrative budgets (e.g., for events, morale, travel, training).
- Proven project management and office management skills including budget management, calendaring and understanding of the business to help the decision-making process. Ability to work well in a changing environment, and take appropriate action.
- Adaptable and can work successfully in a team environment, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a diverse group of contributors internally and externally.
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information with discretion and professionalism.
- In depth knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, Windows and the ability to learn new internal systems and become comfortable with new technologies.
Business Support ATR-E – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $31.15 – $62.55 per hour. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $41.54 – $68.61 per hour.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.