Finance Transformation Senior Manager
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
The Finance Transformation Senior Manager plays a pivotal role in spearheading Shopify’s comprehensive finance transformation efforts, driving the company’s growth and global expansion. This position presents a unique opportunity to lead the implementation of industry best practices and provide strategic guidance to foster a high-performing Finance team across all functional areas.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in delivering value-added analysis and reporting by harnessing advanced technologies and implementing process improvements. Operating in a dynamic environment, collaboration with cross-functional teams is essential, leveraging technical expertise to optimize financial systems and streamline processes. Drawing upon extensive experience in finance transformation, enhancing financial operations enables Shopify to make well-informed decisions and achieve strategic objectives across all facets of finance.
Exceptional communication skills, a diverse background in finance, and a solid understanding of SQL and process improvement concepts are key attributes for success in this role. Effective communication of complex financial insights and building strong relationships are critical in driving the transformation agenda forward.
- Provide input into the planning and execution of system implementations, including financial systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize, and execute process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Responsible for project management processes related to process optimization and automation initiatives.
- Complete current and future state process documentation.
- Conduct data analysis and provide insights to support project delivery.
- Exercise judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems encountered during user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with technical teams to ensure seamless integration of process optimization and automation solutions.
- Lead the development and execution of change management strategies to facilitate the adoption of new finance processes and tools.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery and alignment with business objectives.
- Develop tools and training content for financial systems and related processes, including delivering training to relevant audiences.
- Support the system access provisioning processes according to guidelines and policies.
- Undertake additional tasks and projects as required to support the finance transformation objectives.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent technical accounting and project management experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Coupa, Workday, BigQuery, or similar systems (internally built or third-party)
- Experience scaling finance departments and automating processes
- Experience working in accounting on a global scale
- Experience with SOX
- Experience with APIs
- Experience working with other stakeholders, both within the finance department and the across the organization
- Be a constant learner who loves to take on challenges
- Excellent attention to detail with a passion for problem solving
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
If you are a driven finance professional with a passion for process improvement and transformation, we want to hear from you. We know that applying for a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
To apply for this job please visit www.shopify.com.