World Bank Group
Job #: req22039
Sector: Finance & Accounting
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 4/17/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC’s Controllers Department (CNT) is seeking a Financial Operations Officer and Team Lead for the Transaction Support (TS) team within the Treasury Financial Operations unit (CNTTR). The position is based in Washington, DC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The CNTTR Financial Operations Officer is tasked with the oversight of the TS function of the unit. The successful candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the TS team and multi-asset class operational processes and controls throughout the transaction life cycle, ensuring quality daily and periodic deliverables. These may include trade settlements, portfolio servicing, collateral management activities, etc.
- Manage relationship with vendors (e.g., Custodians, Collateral Management provider, Paying Agents, Clearers, Banks, etc.) and govern the service delivery to ensure compliance to agreements
- Together with the other CNTTR Team Lead, co-Lead CNTTR assessment and implementation efforts and provide guidance to internal clients on new product and business initiative working groups, collaborating with other CNT units/functions as needed.
- Contribute to the implementation of technology engagements and automation, ensuring controls focus, appropriate prioritization and testing, and participation of CNTTR team members and relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to unit leadership and development of unit objectives and strategy and business plans
- Work closely with Chennai TL to monitor and balance work program cross-support delivery
- Supervise staff, mentor, and coach juniors to ensure growth, bench strength an contribute to their career development
- Act as System Admin and/or sponsor for platforms relevant to TS business deliverables (Summit, SWIFT, Fed, Euroclear, Dynamics, Outlook, as well as proprietary platforms)
- Design and compile regular operational reports package such as daily positions, portfolio and cash reconciliations, settlement failures, operational risk, etc. to protect IFC’s assets and revenues.
- Constantly challenge current business practices which are not aligned with best market practices
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes that impact unit’s or department’s operations and engage with cross business and market forums for strategy and delivery
- Build and maintain strong business, operations, and technology relationships, including front, middle offices, Risk, IT partners etc. as well within CNT
- Influence and resolve differences across organizational boundaries
- Serve as back up to unit Manager and other supervisor
- Contribute to unit’s knowledge management, including documentation maintenance and develop training and cross-training program.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in treasury financial operations and capital markets. Private sector and/or IFC experience is a strong plus.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, or relevant internationally recognized certification such as CFA, CPA, ACCA etc.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in settlement platforms and practices. Experience in assessing impact of new or proposed products, rules, and regulations for financial instruments and in providing guidance on adoption and implementation.
- Knowledge of best practices of internal controls over external financial reporting.
- Experience in leading a team and managing staff is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in gaining the cooperation of technical and business staff at senior levels and operating seamlessly across boundaries.
- Experience in directing long-term, complex, multi-disciplinary system implementations is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and/or tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (in English), both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently as a project manager, to take initiative, and anticipate and respond quickly to situations.
- Knowledge of Summit (treasury system), Quantum (cash system) is a strong plus.
- Competent in office technology tools, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.