World Health Organization
HR Officer (Talent Acquisition – Non-staff Contracts) – (2305464)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 24 months
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2023, 7:20:54 AM
Closing Date: Jul 5, 2023, 3:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Türkiye-Istanbul
Organization: EU/BOS Division of Business Operations
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Objectives of the Programme and of the immediate Strategic Objective
The objective of the Division of Business Operations (BOS) is to support the work of WHO in the European Region through delivery of services within the areas of human resources, finance, contracting and procurement, legal advice, information & communications technology, printing, security, facilities management, fixed assets, conference support, travel and transport, safeguarding personnel and staff wellness and well-being. As an enabling function, the division enhances the productivity of the health technical programmes and country offices while at the same time overseeing accountability, transparency and compliance with WHO administrative rules and regulations. The BOS division strives to strengthen the capacity of WHO/Europe to react in an agile way to external and internal changes. The division projects are designed to increase productivity, ensure financial sustainability of the region’s structures, reinforce a client-oriented culture, strengthen country office capacities, and drive strategic initiatives to enhance staff motivation and well-being.
The purpose of the HRT unit is to partner with the business, adding value to the business process and work of EURO through the provision of tactical and operational advice to staff and managers on workforce planning; Policy & procedural guidance – Efficient and effective sourcing, recruitment & management of human resources; performance management compliance and advice to influence and promote a culture of continuous performance and ensure that mechanisms for a more inclusive, relevant and supportive performance culture; occupational health and related supports including the staff physician.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
To contribute to the efficient, effective and client-oriented Human Resource services, predominant areas of work are: outreach, recruitment and selection, roster management, and onboarding of non staff contracts.
Recruitment and selection, Outreach and Rostering of non-staff contracts:
- Acts as a focal point for hiring managers and administrative officers/assistants on outreach, talent acquisition and recruitment activities for non-staff.
- Ensures coordination of processes and workflows between the sub-teams in HRT involved in the implementation of the consultant policy,
- Prepares and disseminates updates and delivers regular trainings to HRT colleagues and clients.
- Support other HRT sub teams in the clearance of consultant contracts, ensuring compliance with the Organization’s policies.
- Participates in the administration of selection procedures for non staff, i..e .: contributes to the organization of timely selection panels and serves as an HR Representative on selection panels and ensuring compliant process, adherence to confidentiality and emphasis on a transparent, consistent processes and on promoting organizational diversity and mobility policies as an organizational priority.
- Drafts and reviews vacancy announcements for consistency and adherence to the Organization’s policies, develop and review screening questions in close collaboration with the hiring manager.
- Screens and assesses applications, ensuring that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements are long/short-listed.
- Prepares and reviews interview questions, proposed presentation tasks, technical questions and tests proposed by the hiring manager for appropriateness and relevance to the position description.
- Reviews proposed long/shortlists to ensure that the evaluation criteria are in line with the vacancy announcement and advises the hiring manager and panel members on any inconsistencies.
- Contributes to the development of new recruitment tools to rate applicants in line with the WHO competency framework.
- Participates in the drafting of selection reports ensuring that all steps of the process are well documented, and the selection file is compliant with the Organization’s policies.
- Maintains various recruitment non-staff rosters and ensures data is up-to-date to timely selection of successfully rostered candidates.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Selection and Recruitment processes:
- When required supports the timely organization of selection and recruitment processes to ensure the efficiency of the selection and recruitment processes.
- Responsible for all actions relating to organizing the recruitment of workforce on staff contracts, which includes and not limited to GS staff, National Professional Officers, Professional staff, Secondments, Junior Professional Officers, and WHO Country Representatives for both fixed-term and temporary positions: screens applications for relevant minimum qualifications, reviews all documentation submitted by the Interested Party, arranges and follows-up on each stage of the selection process, including securing all required documentation from candidates. Participates and organizes in interviews, assists in drafting of interview questions, assists in drafting the final selection report. Reviews all requests for recruitment without advertisement, researches and prepares background documentation relevant to such requests, provides first recommendation to supervisor for decisions.
- Processes the necessary recruitment actions in the online recruitment tool for all staff contracts and related on-boarding actions.
- Manages and maintains rosters of workforce on Non-Staff contracts (Consultants, Interns, UN Volunteers). This includes issuance of ad hoc vacancies, screening, maintaining a database with information on availability, functional expertise, and feedback on performance. Maintains a vetting system for consultants to be retained on the roster and data collection on roster usage, as well as cross referencing consultant roster with past interns, volunteers and retirees. Performs outreach to technical areas in HQ and other regions to ensure availability of qualified experts in the consultant roster to cover various technical streams.
- Monitors the mailbox for contracting of consultants and SSAs and ensures timely processing of requests as per established procedures.
- Maintains data collection on recruitment activities (Stellis, monitoring tools) to support the HRS unit in the provision of statistics required for reports to executive management, Regional Committee, annual reports, etc. Develops ad hoc reports as and when needed.
- Reviews all requests for recruitment without advertisement, researches and prepares background documentation relevant to such requests, provides first recommendation to supervisor for decision.
- Participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, suggesting new or improved internal guidelines, provides advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules within area of recruitment.
- Acts as back-up to other team members and provides support to supervisor on ad-hoc recruitment related work assignments; assists other HRS staff as required.
Essential: University degree (Bachelor’s level or above) in business, human resources, social sciences or relevant field.
Desirable: Advanced level university degree (Master’s level) or training in one of the above-mentioned areas or certification in the area of Human Resources management.
Essential: At least 2 years of human resources related and recruitment experience, including experience at the international level. Experience of working with HR and data management software.
Desirable: Relevant work experience with(in) WHO, the UN or a multinational environment.
Solid knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices
Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills;
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Solid knowledge of Excel, Word, particularly templates and editing functions.
Demonstrated knowledge of Oracle based ERP system(s) and data management software;
Ability to identify and manage one’s own emotions, as well as helping others to do the same.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of other UN language (French, Russian or German).
t compliance and advice to influence and promote a culture of continuous performance and ensure that mechanisms for a more inclusive, relevant and supportive performance culture; occupational health and related supports including the staff physician.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.