Human Resources Associate
Human Resources Associate, (G-6), Fixed-Term, Human Capital Intelligence & Technology Team, Division of Human Resources (DHR), Budapest, Hungary, Post # 122467
Job no: 561672
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Budapest
Categories: Human Resources
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Results
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — will not only give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
Under the overall guidance of the P3 HR Specialist (People Management Systems), the HR Associate (People Management Systems) is responsible for activities associated with the current People Management Systems. The incumbent will act as the user support focal point for people management systems, develop and maintain people management reports and metrics, and support the design and maintenance of learning tools and guidelines.
Contributing to the digital transformation of UNICEF people management systems, the incumbent will be the focal point for dedicated user support for the people management systems. The incumbent will ensure best client support services is provided to all staff. The goal will be to ensure the best employee experience to all staff in line with UNICEF’s approach and practices to integrated talent management.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
- Serve as user support focal point for people management systems. Provide troubleshooting and investigation of technical issues in coordination with the vendor.
- Provide reports, metrics and analysis to support the people analytics team and other clients’ reporting needs including reports on trends and compliance using system reporting tools.
- Support the design, maintenance and delivery of learning tools and materials as and when needed,
- Maintenance of ECM collaboration sites for the people management systems.
- Maintenance of knowledge base on talent acquisition software solutions based on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), quality assurance & documentation of system enhancements.
- Preparation of global communication on system changes or system interruptions.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- High School diploma, or completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Human Resources Management.
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, International relations or another relevant field would be an asset.
- Valid Professional certification in a range of web applications, are desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience out of which 3 years of progressively responsible experience in HR administration is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable Human Resources Associates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 23 May 2023 Central Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 06 Jun 2023 Central Europe Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.