Principal Business Strategy Program Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington, United States
Job numberp: 1542941
Date posted: May 5, 2023
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Business Operations
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Work site: Up to 100% work from home
Are you analytical? Do you enjoy leveraging data to create insights? Are you passionate about helping customers? Then keep reading, as this could be the job for you!
As a Principal Business Strategy Program Manager in the Commerce Customer Engagement (CCE) team you will synthesize findings into insights to build strategy across our various customer touchpoints to delight of our customers globally. This opportunity will allow you to work with stakeholders across the organization, partner on projects and assessments, and ultimately make decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that is central to the commerce experience all our customers receive. Developing executive ready strategies, plans and successful execution paths that achieve developed scalability and other customer delight targets will be this role’s definition of success.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. This role will also lead on all things Microsoft culture across the broader Commerce Engineering Operations team.
- You will need to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business’s competitive strengths and weaknesses, including opportunities to grow.
- You will communicate with senior business leaders by conveying viewpoints through written documents and influencing models through minimal iterations. You’ll also build end-to-end storylines and influence senior decision making.
- As you manage key points of contact with internal teams, you’ll cultivate relationships with senior internal leaders. You’ll also use domain expertise to advise senior leadership, influence partners across multiple divisions, and mentor junior colleagues.
- You will manage multiple Strategy projects and teams across organizational boundaries as a project lead. You’ll also proactively identify and address complex roadblocks.
- You will drive a positive team culture by owning recruiting and onboarding efforts, providing coaching and apprenticeship, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 8+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field AND 15+ years marketing, strategy, business planning, consulting, banking, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field AND 10+ years marketing, strategy, business planning, consulting, banking, finance, economics, and/or partner organization experience
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, incubation, driving change in a large company, entrepreneurship, management consulting).
- 2+ years experience in Strategy, Management Consulting, and/or Finance.
Business Program Management IC6 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 – $266,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 – $292,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.