ADRA Yemen – Programs Director
Job Location: Yemen
Position: Programs Director
Supervisor: Country Director
Duration: Till September 30, 2024, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA serves more than 118 countries and is present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by BHA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, IHA Canada, UNOCHA, WFP and FCDO. It has a presence in 12 Governorates in Yemen responding to almost all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, protection, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding, and coordination. Sectors.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required, including thorough background checks.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director the Programs Director will oversee and ensure the continued success of ADRA Yemen’s Programs across the country.
The primary function of the Programs Director includes overseeing the implementation, supervision, and administration all programs, working closely with the Country Director, Finance and Administration Director, Director of Business and Partnership Unit, Human Resources Director as well as Sector Specialists and all departments under the Yemen mission.
Also, the Programs Director acts as the main support point for the Director of Business and Partnership Unit for project reporting, planning, design and expansion of programs and portfolios, diversification of donors, sectorial activities, and locations.
Close coordination is expected between the Programs and Business and Partnership Unit in terms of contact, relations with Support Offices, Donors as well as other agencies and actors in Yemen, including other INGOs, UN agencies, and coordination forums.
The Programs Director performs a wide range duty including but not limited to the following duties:
Programs Strategic Plan
- Plan the delivery of the overall ADRA Yemen Programs and their activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Together with the Director of the Business Development and Partnership, define the strategic direction of the awards implementation unit and undertake effective planning that supports the organization to establish and maintain an efficient and effective awards management process.
- Support the develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of programs in coordination with Director of Business and Partnership Unit
- In coordination with Finance and Administration and Director of the Business Development and Partnership, participate in developing an annual budget and operating plan to support the programs.
- Support the development of the Country strategies and annual planning development from a programmed implementation perspective that enables proactive engagement with supporting offices and donors to secure funding opportunities in a timely manner, making recommendations and flagging issues to the CD and Senior Management as needed.
- Support the project design and document production: Support the Director of Business and Partnership in developing and writing of successful funding proposals and budgets in collaboration with the Finance Director and Operation teams.
- Oversee implementation of program activities and provides quality strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the programs.
- Ensure that programs activities comply with International Humanitarian Standards and Red Cross of Conduct
- Ensure program implementation according to the Procurement, Logistics and Financial procedures of ADRA Yemen
- Ensure that programs activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and in line with the donor rules and regulations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to liaise with donor, local authority and other stakeholders as required by the programs, work closely with the chief of parties/programs managers to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of programs objectives and achievements.
- Support the development a programs evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the programs and to identify areas for improvement in coordination with Director of Business and Partnership Unit
- Working with Director of Business Development and Partnerships to Safeguard ADRA’s reputation by ensuring that financial, contractual, and technical integrity is maintained and strengthened.
- Working with the chief of parties/programs managers to Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Support the Develop and implement communications strategies & work-plans, campaigns, events and other initiatives in support of the ADRA Yemen strategic goals in cooperation with the DBDPU.
- Ensure, with Director of Business Development and Partnerships Oversee the drafting and completion of required program reports and deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans and technical reports, ensuring their quality and timely submission.
- Provide solutions-based responses to the implementation of large-scale programs within a highly complex and fluid context.
- In cooperation with the DBD&PU, develop ADRA Yemen’s capacity to undertake surveys and impact assessments.
- In collaboration with the DBD&PU, review the Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms within the projects, and produce a finalized document, along with an action plan as per ADRA policy.
Program and Team Leadership
- In coordination with the HR Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified programs staff.
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization.
- Manage and implement a performance management process for all programs staff.
- Engage volunteers for appropriate programs activities using established volunteer management practices.
- Ensure that all programs’ staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs.
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
- Supervise programs staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain community support for the programs and to solicit input to improve the programs.
- Liaise with other managers to ensure effective and efficient programs delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different programs activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Any other tasks as requested by the CD.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline,
- At least ten years of international work experience in relief programs; regional and emergency programming experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge on Development and Humanitarian sector policy and programs,
- Successful experience in management of large multi donor portfolios is essential.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing large-scale and diverse teams.
- Excellent leadership, advocacy and interpersonal skills with expertise in program and staff management and capacity development.
- Technical skills of program design, supervision, and data utilization for decision-making is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Arabic is desirable.
- xcellent presentation skills including policy briefing.
- Demonstrated skills on process facilitation and coordination with high standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated strong experience in capacity building of national and international staff.
- Ability to work well under administrative and programmatic pressures. Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Commitment to the ADRA’s mission, purpose, and values
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
How to Apply
- The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday, August 19, 2023
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Submit only one application per position.
- Females are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.