Project Management Staff
Date: 4 Jul 2023
Location: Warsaw, Poland, Poland
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
Plan International is actively seeking individuals from diverse backgrounds to fill various Project Management roles, to ensure effective and efficient project implementation. These roles encompass positions such as Project Manager, Project Officer, and Project Administrator aimed at supporting the efficient implementation and management of the projects.
If you are motivated and passionate about working in the humanitarian setting and possess relevant knowledge and experience to excel in various positions within project management, we encourage you to express your interest by applying through the provided link. Plan International will carefully review applications based on the candidates’ interests and expertise, aligning them with suitable roles.
To ensure a timely response, Plan International will conduct rolling basis shortlisting and interviews until the application deadline. We strongly recommend that interested candidates submit their applications promptly for consideration.
Considering the role the accountabilities will be assigned and the role specific JD will be shared before the interview.
The Project Management staffs will work closely with a variety of functions within the Plan International team in Poland, including, the Head of Programmes and, Finance, Business Development and Partnership Managers, ensuring the smooth execution and reporting over a number of projects. This position includes coordination and liaising with various partners, support in project implementation and donor compliance and reporting. This role encompasses working with partners, such as: Civil Society Organisations and local organisations.
- Execute overall project management and oversee partner implementation of project activities within the deadlines and standards required by Plan International.
- Oversee project budget including generating funds forecasts, tracking partner expenditures and maintaining all necessary information for timely development of financial reports. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring that the financial reporting is aligned with the narrative one.
- Ensure that the logical framework of the project and M&E components are well conducted in order to help decision-making for the smooth running of the project.
- Make frequent trips to the project areas to monitor project activities, identify opportunities and constraints and make any necessary adjustments, including capacity strengthening.
- Regularly update the progress, priorities and constraints of project implementation.
- Track monitoring of expenditure and ensure adaptations to project activities as required to ensure full expenditure of the portfolio.
- Work with the program team in Poland to set the project outline on SAP.
- Support the development of the detailed implementation plan (DIP) to align with the approved log-frames.
Representation and Monitoring
- Represent Plan in internal/external meetings.
- Monitor performance of the partner teams and internal Plan staff assigned to the projects to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to Plan International and the donor on project performance;
- Ensure execution of the projects in the portfolio in accordance with program agreements, action plans, and budgets
- Implement portfolio according to Plan’s project cycle
- Ensure planned activities and budgets are aligned to planned project results and budget parameters.
- Oversee effective monitoring and evaluation for measuring the effects/impacts of the projects in the portfolio, and that program data and information are included in national data/statistics
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Liaise with National Offices to ensure donor reporting requirements are clearly met.
- Coordinate and follow-up on partners reporting deadlines and support on reporting revisions where necessary, including receiving report from local partners, coordinate comments and feedback, and sending final version to national office.
- Support the Program Functions in start-up workshop planning, preparation, and coordination
- Ensure that mutual co-learning plans are on track and that partnership monitoring tools are being appropriately used for all partners, with support from technical specialists
Networking and Advocacy
- Coordinate with partners to create effective synergies that contribute to maximizing the project impact.
- Contribute to Plan efforts in influencing and advocacy and ensure mainstreaming of participatory approach within the project.
Partnerships and Capacity-Building
- Roll-out capacity-building plans and activities for partner organizations.
- Contribute to the review of technical tool and capacity-building resources and ensure they are adapted and contextualized to the Poland context.
- Regularly deliver capacity-building sessions, such as on-the-job coaching, mentorship, and trainings, to Plan partners staff and volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Support ongoing identification of technical capacity gaps among partners.
- Regularly updated the Technical Specialists on progress related to partner capacity-building and feedback on technical tools and resources
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type of Role: Fixed Term
Reports to: Head of Mission
Closing Date: 31 Jul 2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
This advertisement is meant for Polish nationals only, the applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, thus interested applicants are highly recommended to apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.