Job number: 1545823
Date posted: Apr 26, 2023
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Software Engineering
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Work site: Up to 100% work from home
The Commerce + Ecosystems (C+E) team is working to enable an easier experience for customers and partners to grow, as well as to buy and do business with us by delivering a dependable, safe and secure commerce infrastructure.
As a Software Engineer on the Portal Platform engineering team, you will be responsible for building the platform and infrastructure services that power the Partner Portal and own all the listening and feedback tools like Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Support.
This is a visible role with high impact where all the components you build will be used by our entire ecosystem of internal and external stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to explore and innovate using cutting edge technologies and drive business processes and contribute to the strategy and broader vision. You will be working on services that are built from ground up and influence the design and architecture of our services.
We are seeking Software Engineers with a passion for User Experience (UX) and proven experience developing cloud services to join a diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will collaborate with team members and partners in a dynamic and agile environment, and have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Join us and help shape the future of the world!
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to determine user requirements for a set of features, and effectively communicate status, issues, and risks.
- Contributes to the identification of dependencies, and the development of design documents for a product area with little oversight. Identify patterns in challenges faced, to come up with simple and maintainable design and solutions.
- Creates and implements code for a product, service, or feature, reusing code as applicable, including testing, delivery and support of various components.
- Contributes to efforts to break down larger work items into smaller work items and provides estimation.
- Acts as a Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) working on-call in a DevOps environment to monitor system/product feature/service for degradation, downtime, or interruptions and gains approval to restore system/product/service.
- Remains current in skills by investing time and effort into staying abreast of current developments that will improve the availability, reliability, efficiency, observability, and performance of products while also driving consistency in monitoring and operations at scale.
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience designing, developing, and shipping software solutions on a Cloud services platform (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Experience building and working with scalable Web Services, REST APIs with NoSQL and/or SQL based backend data store.
- Experience and/or passion for UX
- Experience working with BigData processing technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Synapse, HD Insights, Spark, Hadoop, Data Bricks etc.
Software Engineering IC2 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 – $151,800 per year.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $100,300 – $165,400 per year.
Software Engineering IC3 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 – $182,600 per year.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 – $198,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
Industry leading healthcare
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Opportunities to network and connect
Discounts on products and services
Generous time away
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.