Job number: 1682908
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Supply Chain
Discipline: Supply Planning
Employment type: Full-Time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Cloud Supply Chain (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Within CSCP, the Spare Parts team is responsible for ensuring that the right parts are in the right place, at the right time in support of delivering global data center capacity. We are looking for an experiennced Supply Chain Planning Manger to proactively manage demand and supply activities for hardware spares within the Cloud space. In this role, you will perform complex analysis to determine optimal stocking levels throughout spare parts lifecycle, work cross functionally to ensure smooth delivery of supply, perform root cause analysis to explain exceptions and drive continuous improvement in planning and supply chain processes, and ultimately achieve target fill rate performance by managing inventory effectively. You will also work with Engineering Product Managers to provide feedback and requirements to help enhance our systems and tools. This role will operate in a global, dynamic, and fast-paced environment, managing robust processes for reliable delivery of spare parts to our datacenters worldwide.
- Execute Supply Chain Demand and Supply and/or product Life-cycle activities in support of Global Datacenter Operations.
- Enable demand and supply Data, Processes and Systems & Tools to optimize inventory globally, and manage cross functional activities across operations, engineering, and other key stakeholder groups.
- Program Manage key strategic and transformational initiatives.
- Build working relationships across multiple disciplines and teams.
- Drive analysis and optimization of spares parts inventory and will help automate solutions and scale over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, or related field AND 3+ years supply planning, operations, supply chain, indirect supply planning, technology-related supply chain, sourcing and manufacturing, or related experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, or related field AND 1+ year(s) supply planning, operations, supply chain, indirect supply planning, technology-related supply chain, sourcing and manufacturing, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ Year Experience managing Demand and Supply Systems
- 1+ Year Experience with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- 3+ Experience in Planning and Operations and/or maintenance & repair operations environments (service & repair)
- Demonstrated inventory planning expertise, including multi-echelon inventory optimization
- Understanding of supply chain hardware engineering including gathering, analyzing, and defining demand and supply variables and operational execution.
- Experience in deployment & service of high-performance, highly available, large scale server hardware, network device and related technologies, preferably in tier one cloud technology providers.
- Experience managing Product Life Cycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructure and datacenter issues such as physical space, rack units, break-fix requirements and incident management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, and work well under pressure with minimal guidance.
- Process/system background and proven ability to rapidly understand, use and drive improvements in new processes/systems.
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills with a focus on process engineering and automation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- Ability to communicate complex problems and solutions
- Working knowledge of key IT and service industry concepts.
- Analytical capabilities & experience with time-series modeling, optimization, and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in program management methodologies, process, and tools. Lean/Six-Sigma training, 5S, Kaizen, Agile, CPIM/CSCP certification
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems (SAP or comparable).
Supply Planning IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $91,800 – $178,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $117,900 – $195,000 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.