Job number: 1543179
Date posted: Apr 21, 2023
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Program Management
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Work site: Up to 100% work from home
The Microsoft Casual Games Studio is focused on delivering casual games for Windows platforms and beyond.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join us as we improve and support the MSN Games Web Games Portal as well as all web related efforts of Microsoft Casual Games.
The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for organizing and managing updates and improvements to our MSN Games B2C (Business-to-Consumer) portal, B2B (Business-to-Business) portal for our HTML 5 Web Games offering and other distribution initiatives. You will focus on the day-to-day management and execution of managing the workload, specification and schedule of a team of developers. You will work closely with Development, Production and Operations to deliver results. We are looking for someone that is eager to manage and support our products. You will:
- Create and drive plans for aligning MSN Games to studio goals
- Partner with others to track, collect, and report progress across multiple teams
- Write functional requirements, specifications, and final documentation for features and products
- Consult with the studio leadership team to align expectations and deliverables
- Be able to multitask between features, platforms, and projects
- Review and evaluate web game industry standards
- Determine process improvements for developers to scope insights
- Review technical specifications of 3rd Party game providers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on work product
- Create relationships with the development and operations team to drive orchestration and integration efforts
- Work with developers to document code for portability and future development
- Ensures alignment between the customer, the market, internal stakeholders, and the goals of and strategy of Microsoft
- Evaluate bugs and own the bug fixing process
- Support and evaluate features and feature results
- Manage Developer Backlog and conduct planning sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in Web Feature Development and tools including Privacy and Accessibility Compliance
- Experience with interpreting data and analyzing results and providing ongoing reports
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 8+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in feature level development and documentation
- Experience in HTML5 casual gaming for desktop and mobile web gaming space
- Experience with Visual Studio and web development tools
- Experience with display, video, and/or native advertising
- Experience with Casual and/or Web Games
- Understanding of game release process
- PMP, Scrum, or other related Project Management Certification
Technical Program Management IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 – $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 – $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
Industry leading healthcare
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Opportunities to network and connect
Discounts on products and services
Generous time away
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.