Job Opportunity in Ireland
Position: Money Support Specialist (Remote, Ireland)
About the role
A Support Specialist at Shopify is someone who is obsessed with making merchants’ experiences better and smoother, comfortable with written-first communication, and effective at contributing to team operations and success.
Within Escalated Support for Money, a Support Specialist is a subject matter specialist in one of three craft specializations (Billing and Payments, Balance and Capital, or Merchant Tax) who supports Shopify stakeholders and helps merchants solve complex issues and queries. Your work as a Support Specialist will be mainly focused on Support Delivery in an escalated environment. This is a very collaborative role with our Financial Services Support team and will see some work with teams across the company, including Engineering and Knowledge Management.
- Understand and represent Shopify’s values while working with peers, leads, and members of the Shopify ecosystem.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of your craft specialization.
- Learn and develop new understanding about new products and product changes supported by the Money Support team before launch where possible.
- Work directly with merchants on queries related to Money using Support tools such as Zendesk.
- Endeavour to meet our outlined service level expectations around both volume of conversations and quality standards.
- Maintain a strict and flawless record of never giving tax advice to merchants, partners, or Shopifolk.
- Work scheduled shifts in our internally-facing Slack channel, providing support to our Support, Product, and Development teams as questions or concerns arise.
- Provide excellent customer service with a focus on strong, effective communication, next issue avoidance, conversational speaking, and issue resolution.
- Work with and alongside members of the development team to resolve issues outside of the merchant’s control (i.e., bugs, product enhancements, product understanding).
- Liaise with our third-party partners on a range of technical merchant issues. Uphold a good working relationship with these agents to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Determine their desired path of growth and share this with their lead, communicating regularly about their growth plan.
- Engage in frequent discussions related to coaching and impact.
- Accept feedback in a professional manner and actively work on areas of opportunity outlined by their lead.
- Commit to being an engaged and positive team member.
- Participate in all surveys and feedback requests given to them by anyone in Shopify.
- Support lead and peers and uphold the culture values of the team.
- A strong connection to Shopify’s values, which you exemplify on a daily basis
- Careful attention to detail in all areas
- Highly-developed critical thinking and problem diagnosis skills
- Drive to have impact in many different ways
- A desire to seek out personal growth through critical understanding and introspection
- Curiosity and an appetite to get to the bottom of things
- Autonomy in problem-solving and in engagement with problems; comfort with finding your own answers when necessary
- Experience with Zendesk, Slack, Fellow, and the Google Drive suite of apps.
- Excellent written communication skills, primarily in English (secondary languages welcome)
- Ability to show empathy in difficult personal interactions
- Comfort with ambiguity and a desire to help limit it where possible while rolling with it as it comes
- Understanding of the value of active engagement and the ability to bring that to the virtual table consistently
- Extensive customer support experience
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.