Job Title: Senior Developer – (Remote, APAC)
Location: Singapore, Japan, India or Australia
About the role
Developers at Shopify have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your authentic self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business. As one of them, you will leverage your skills and experience to solve tough problems with performant code.
This role will be part of the Merchant Services – Channels and Transactions teams, and you’ll be working across disciplines to build incredible merchant-facing products and developer-facing tools.
This role can be based anywhere in Singapore, Japan, India or Australia, and will be working closely with our R&D teams in APAC and Canada.
- 5+ years of software developing experience.
- Development experience in Payment companies is a plus.
- A product-minded developer who cares about the “Why” – Why build this feature? How will we measure impact?
- A generalist (or a T-shaped developer) excited by problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success.
- A strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modeling, and scale
- Experience in writing automated tests as part of your development workflow (even better if you do it TDD)
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and time zones
- The curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python — is an asset, but not required. Don’t have experience with many of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Bonus Points: You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Natural Language Digital Assistants.