Commercial Sales Executive
Mexico City, México, Mexico
Date posted: Jul 21, 2023
Job number: 1591055
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Discipline: Commercial Sales
Employment type: Full-Time
The Commercial Executive (CE) is a Sales professional responsible to close companywide agreements and Enterprise Cloud deals. As a CE you will leverage the 3 Microsoft Clouds (Microsoft Office365, Azure and Dynamics365) and drive Enterprise deals all the way from deal consulting, deal design, commercial negotiation, closing and signature, processing and billing. You will continually seek out revenue growth opportunities through upselling and cross selling.
The Commercial Executive is an experienced deal maker who is able to understand the customer’s strategy, build commercial constructs using the Microsoft’s 3 clouds, across different solution areas and act as a Lead Negotiator to land the deal with the customer.
Deep Proactive Engagement
- Leads collaborations with various sellers and business stakeholders in order to achieve revenue targets independently. Leverages critical resources (e.g., deal desk, sales support, partners, finance) to drive business outcomes. Contributes to high levels of strategic conversations internally or externally. Proactively engages with others to align commercial strategy to customer needs. Participates in the planning and execution of strategies with partners to ensure that solutions are aligned to customer commercial strategic needs. Applies deep knowledge of solution assessment and expected outcomes to determine how commercial licensing and contracting should be changed to best meet customer needs. Drives accountability in resolving cross-functional issues to successful conclusion. Engages in feedback loop to corporate to improve/simplify contractual commercial to meet business needs or market opportunities. Fosters overall success by driving strong team collaboration, cross segment and cross group collaboration. Leads teams by sharing knowledge, supporting the onboarding of others in the same role, and proactively responding to feedback.
- Leverages advanced knowledge of customer business needs and desired outcomes to achieve revenue goals using ethical selling methods. Develops and presents pricing scenarios and proposals. Builds upon industry knowledge and independently conducts competitive analysis to craft commercial solutions. Acts as a trusted advisor both internally and with customers in the sales process. Ensures appropriate monetization of commercial solutions. Leads early engagement, planning and ideation process. Coordinates and collaborates with peers and stakeholders to influence account territory planning. Crafts and
executes close plan strategies. Aligns language of renewal or negotiation to customer’s understanding.
- Leads internal sales and management teams through sales process optimizing for the right level of investment and customization. Accomplishes tasks across stakeholders with appropriate breadth and depth. Crafts deals that will process, including any standard or custom amendments and documentation independently. Leverages internal resources to assist with customer queries regarding contract terms. Finalizes legal amendments reflecting operational and other requirements granted in specific customer situations. Handles objections and negotiates contractual amendments within empowerment as needed. Actively participates in the development of deal strategies to present offers to clients. Engages with stakeholders to ensure that efforts are executed effectively and that milestones are being reached. Ensures that the appropriate value has been sold and that the deployment plan has been considered. Leverages advanced understanding of sales science and operational acumen (e.g., pipeline metrics, closed rates, competitive selling) to establish a strategic sales execution cadence. Analyzes multiple data inputs quickly and develops strategic decision making to ensure the best sales and revenue production and velocity through management team where appropriate. Develops an outlook on upcoming business opportunities for their territory.
- Proactively identifies business opportunities which vary based on deal lifecycle and artificial intelligence (AI) (e.g., upsell/cross-sell, expanding footprint, transformational). Uses knowledge of both customer and Microsoft commercial strategies to seize new opportunities that grow the Microsoft annuity footprint. Proactively consults internal partners (e.g., account team unit [ATU], specialist team unit [STU], customer success unit [CSU]) to maximize pipeline conversion. Prioritizes execution appropriately. Leverages knowledge to secure upsells that aligns to proven value. Works with account teams to identify growth opportunities and solutions. Creates and utilizes multiple equivalent offers (MEOs) that advances internal alignment and maximize business outcomes. Oversees offers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of monetization of products and solutions. Understands limitations on deal making (e.g., understands when it is appropriate and not appropriate to follow through with a deal). Develops and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of industry and industry trends. Develops customer-centric offers independently by engaging with and aligning account teams around the deal(s) that they are casting. Partners with account team members to determine how opportunities in the account plan may be most effectively monetized. Builds the best contract structure to enable capitalization on opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of best practices and strategies to accomplish goals. Understands product strategy per solution area. Analyzes competitive positioning and use cases independently. Possesses and utilizes knowledge of industry, competition, and Microsoft offering to accomplish goals. Provides feedback to align pricing and offers commercial strategies to meet customer needs. Provides alternatives and recommendations internally and externally. Demonstrates agility in aligning business strategies within region. Actively pursues learning opportunities and reinforces understanding of local subsidiary strategy. Helps other team members understand Microsoft/customer business strategies and why they are important for accomplishing goals. Creates clarity in their work and encourages others to do the same. Ensures that their peers follow through on plans.
- Ensures that customer/partner support/account teams deliver value during lifecycle management planning and that they are aligned with teams on customer/partner priorities, strategies, and budget to better structure deals that drive annuity and cloud growth. Initiates and develops challenger relationships with customers/partner to understand their priorities and strategies, and structures deals that drive value and contribute to Microsoft growth through attainment of revenue-based, share-based, and/or consumption-based quota with minimal guidance. Demonstrates empathy with high-level customers and partners. Grows share and adoption while simultaneously driving business value for customers. Proactively identifies and balances customer/partner and Microsoft needs when crafting value-based solutions. Represents customer and partner requirements in proposals. Translates requirements into proposals. Identifies issues and potential recommendations for internal stakeholders to help solve customer/partner issues. Leverages knowledge about customer/partner priorities and industry challenges to solve problems. Simplifies commercial strategies for customers and partners with minimal guidance. Orchestrates the right resources to solve partner issues in deals. Engages with partners (e.g., licensing solution partner [LSP], cloud solution provider [CSP]) in effective ways to establish customer solutions for the benefit of all parties independently.
Mastering Key Skills
- Creates and manages commercial plan/contributes to account plan for strategic accounts by mapping out how to maximize qualified medium in size/scope or complex commercial opportunity for the account. Analyzes customer commercial opportunity history, inclusive of discounts, concessions, and consumptions for territory. Anticipates and verifies upcoming renewals as appropriate.
- Drives adherence to commercial solutions policy for commercial deal execution, inclusive of regulatory laws and principles in local markets, company policies, and guidance for consistent deal making. Coaches sales team to ensure compliance. Maintains and ensures others’ sales and negotiation strategies adhere to established guidelines, policies, and legal standards. Partners with high-risk deal desk (HRDD) where applicable and audit teams. Leverages relevant tools including business conduct and integrity, appropriately and confidentially. Actively and promptly raises compliance issues as needed directly to the appropriate compliance organization. Supports less experienced team members in addressing compliance investigations. Pre-empt and advises on potential non-compliance issues and redirect appropriately. Serves as a trusted advisor on compliance (e.g., General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]). Drives a culture of compliance through the sales deal execution related parts of Microsoft policy (e.g., anti-corruption policy). Ensures that win/win-compliant deal making occurs while commercial solutions.
- Analyzes deals for risks related to contract growth, partner channel risk, profitability (supported by deal desk as needed), legal issues, and contracting. Assesses and escalates risk as needed. Coaches others on assessment and escalation of risk as needed. Leverages both corporate and local resources. Keeps up to date with current tools. Judges when to take risks (e.g., market making deal).
- Partners with leaders when negotiating complex commercial terms in collaboration with the account team and deal manager. Understands stakeholders (priority). Leverages formal negotiation strategies and identifies important factors for successfully negotiating (e.g., anticipates potential vulnerabilities, understands customer measurement of value in order to craft solutions to meet those needs defines walk-away positions). Consults with leaders on rhythm of negotiation team planning and reporting to stakeholders. Utilizes the strategy for the negotiation approach by engaging with senior stakeholders internally and externally. Drives accountability for negotiation outcome(s).
Other · Embody our culture and values
- 7+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Law, Marketing, Finance, Communication, Education (or equivalent) or related field AND 5+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 9+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Law, Marketing, Finance, Communication, Education (or equivalent) or related field AND 7+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Law, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 6+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work
- OR equivalent experience.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.