Job Location: Adventist Development & Relief AGCY – Silver Spring, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary Range: $83,100.00 – $97,600.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Management
Posting Closing Date: Monday, August 21, 2023
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is a global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action.
ADRA International is a religiously qualified Equal Opportunity Employer under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. As such we have the right to prefer a member of the Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church in the hiring process. In the event that a qualified Seventh-day Adventist candidate is not found, we will give the opportunity to candidates who must understand, respect and honor the mission, purpose, and identity of ADRA.
The Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the creation and deliverables of content to enhance ADRA’s credibility, donor-base, and donation revenue. The Content Manager is responsible for managing the creation of multi-channel content (digital, social, print) and to improve and maintain content to achieve our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising, marketing, business, or communications.
- Proficient in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Positive attitude, organizational ability, and able to handle pressure.
- Experience with Resource Space or other digital asset management systems
- Experience with video editing and InDesign/Photoshop a plus
- 5-10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Ability to converse in Spanish and/or French.
- 3.1 Relating and Networking: Establishes good relationships with colleagues; builds wide and effective networks.
- 4.1 Writing and Reporting: Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; writes convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner.
- 6.1 Planning and Organizing: Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances.
- 6.2. Delivering Results and Meeting Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity.
- Manage contractors
- Develop a framework and best practices to source, organize, and deliver M&D content (photo, video, copy) with guidance from the Sr Director of Marketing & Communications and other supervisors as needed.
- Oversee the collection and filing of M&D content, serving as the expert on content availability, type, location, and usage.
- Prepare for and host meetings with relevant peers to facilitate their development of an annual content strategy; periodically review progress toward goals; disseminate information about collected content to users.
- Responsible to seek out content coming from other ADRA departments such as business development and programs, and from newsletters or other communication methods from country offices.
- Oversee the process of migrating and tagging photos in Resource Space for content secured by the Content Manager.
- Create and manage list of freelance content gatherers who can be deployed to gather content.
- Assist with planning field trips to be undertaken by members of the M&D staff and vendors as appropriate; oversee the process of uploading gathered content/materials to the appropriate platforms.
- Standardize the content gathering process and train colleagues and freelancers.
- Travel to projects in the field to manage or assist in content gathering when needed.
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel required. Must have the ability to travel on short notice if necessary.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, network employees, donors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA):
Person must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation. Incumbent should be in optimal health for difficult and temporary below-basic living conditions at overseas location and for field travel in general.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.