Child Fund International
Vacancy Name: Coordinator, M&E
Employment Type : Full Time (Fixed Term)
Childfund Work Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Childfund Division : Global Operations
ChildFund Department : Country Management
Title: Coordinator, Monitoring, and Evaluation (Multi-Country)
Division/Department: Global Operations
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Reporting Relationship: Project Manager
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
ChildFund creates a culture where diversity of people, thought and experience is celebrated, and everyone is seen and welcomed equally.
ChildFund is cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where:
- Everyone connected with us is free and safe to be who they are, so that we all succeed and thrive.
- Our donors and external partners aspire to experience a deep sense of pride and belonging in our shared commitment to excellence and social responsibility.
- Our global programs increasingly center diversity and inclusion in our daily work.
- The people of the communities where we work experience concrete evidence of our commitment to these principles in our practices as we work together.
Worldwide, 570 million children live in extreme poverty, vulnerable to many factors that threaten their well-being. Children need protection, support and care at each stage of childhood to stay safe, healthy, learning and on track to achieve their potential. ChildFund works with local partner organizations, governments, corporations and individuals to help create the safe environments children need to thrive.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator will manage all aspects related to the measurement of progress and results of the project and will ensure quality and accountability standards are aligned with and integrated into the regular M&E of ChildFund International in Indonesia. The post holder provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for the project, develops the capacity of partners in monitoring and evaluation management, and promotes accountability and facilitates knowledge management and cross-learning internally and externally.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable post holder to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Implement the project’s M&E Framework in both Indonesia and Timor-Leste and ensure that monitoring is integrated in the planning and implementation stages of the project
- Responsible in conducting baseline and endline data collections based on the logical framework, including designing the sampling methodology, data collection instruments and analysis, including analyzing data trends towards achievement of objectives
- Facilitate the training of co-applicants in data collection, tabulation and analysis of findings for better implementation of the project and ensures
- Consolidates and prepares progress reports based on donor reporting requirements and ensure that said reports contain sufficient and accurate data that have been rigidly reviewed and passed acceptable standards
- Identify best practices and support documentation and sharing and learning within ChildFund and with external stakeholders
- Ensure that confidentiality of information is properly observed in accordance with ChildFund’s and donor’s policies and guidelines
- 3+ years of relevant and progressive work experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation in development organizations, children-focused programming preferably in an international non-government organization;
- Experience in strategic planning approaches – including, needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis;
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work with children and youth);
- Demonstrated skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred/facilitation skills;
Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues;
- Skills in participatory, and child- and youth-focused community organizing and development with a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management;
- Self-guided, independent with strong facilitation, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills;
- Above-average written and oral communication skills in English, fluency in a local language preferred; and
- High level of proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), including practical knowledge of statistical and data management packages/applications.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field, or relevant social sciences discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience. Advanced degree plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics desirable.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Last Application date: May 23, 2023
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
To apply for this job please visit childfundinternational.secure.force.com.