Data Center Technician
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Date posted: Jun 29, 2023
Job number: 1578531
Work site: Microsoft on-site only
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Data Center
Discipline: Data Center Technicians
Employment type: Full-Time
As a Data Center Technician (DCT), you will develop an understanding of standard processes and procedures for preparing, installing, performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, replacing, and/or decommissioning equipment under the guidance of more experienced Data Center colleagues. This opportunity will allow you to develop an understanding of our Data Center environment, familiarize yourself with security and data management procedures, and accelerate your career growth in the process.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I DCT, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development of all employees and offers training and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 200 Data Centers in 32 countries and millions of servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our data center design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Contributes to issue tracking through escalations, asking questions, and seeking guidance on timely resolution of issues from more experienced technicians.
- Participates in daily safety briefings, completes required training aligned to the role and workload including safety training, complies with safety procedures (e.g., equipment use, lifting, electrical hazards, ladder/rolling stair use).
- Completes assigned tickets efficiently and in alignment with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) while meeting established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with guidance from other technicians.
- Complies with security and data management procedures and policies with guidance from other technicians and completes the required security training.
- Maintains an excellent/effective client focus to understand the impact of their work when completing tickets and assigned tasks.
- Contributes to a positive and effective team environment by sharing information with others, contributing to regular team meetings, asking questions, and staying apprised of the status of others’ work.
- Has pride and a sense of accountability for the service quality, completeness, and ownership of the data center facilities.
- Embodies our culture and values.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and basic knowledge of computer hardware and components
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship & Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship due to citizenship-based legal restrictions. Specifically, this position supports United States federal, state, and/or local United States government agency customers and is subject to certain citizenship-based restrictions where required or permitted by applicable law. To meet this legal requirement, citizenship will be verified via a valid passport.
- Criminal Justice Information Services: This position may require passing a background check conducted through the CJIS criminal justice information system by authorized local, state, and/or federal agencies
- 1+ years’ experience supporting IT equipment or related technology.
- Applicable certifications: CompTIA (A+, Server+, Network+), Basic Structure Cabling (BSC)
Data Center Technicians ATR-B – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $20.50 – $32.40 per hour.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $27.00 – $34.80 per hour.
Data Center Technicians ATR-C – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $26.00 – $46.15 per hour.
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $36.00 – $50.70 per hour.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.