Location: Preferably UK or globally, Flexible
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
As the Head of Global Hub Finance, you will be responsible for transforming our approach to financial accounting, control and compliance, embedding a customer focussed approach, while ensuring we are protected financially and that we meet the statutory and regulatory compliance requirements on time.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead the transformation of GH financial accounting to ensure more straightforward, streamlined processes are adopted to minimize effort and complexity while maintaining accuracy and impact
- Build training sessions for non-finance personnel to ensure they understand their responsibilities and end-to-end process
- Transform the statutory accounting approach by building a comprehensive business understanding that is aligned with management reporting
- Monitor and manage resources to ensure objectives are delivered according to schedule and within budget
- Contribute to developing policies and processes and implement systems and process improvements
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver solutions that benefit all
- Evaluate risk with sound business and commercial judgement
- Champion change by role modelling the behaviour expected from all colleagues, develop and communicate plans to ensure the transition is successfully implemented
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g.,ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Strong and proven accounting ability with knowledge of corporate accounting under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in applying financial accounting controls, as well as demonstrable knowledge of best practice, financial policies and procedures
- Strong systems skills, preferably with knowledge of SAP or equivalent general ledger packages, reporting databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve results, as well as experience managing a team of people
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and make sound decisions in a complex and diverse environment
If you are a highly skilled and experienced Head of Finance with a passion for making a difference, we would love to hear from you. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse and passionate team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children and communities around the world.
Please follow this link for a full role profile; Head of Global Hub Finance.docx
Location: This role will ideally be based in the UK, employed from the Global Hub for Plan International which is based in Woking, Surrey however other locations where Plan International has an office* that can employ on behalf of the Global Hub and you have the pre-existing right to work and live may be considered. Hybrid, or fully remote will be considered for this position
Type of role: Permanent or maximum fixed term contract as per employing office’s standard terms and conditions.
Salary: We will be happy to disclose the salary and applicable benefits to applicants as part of this process, however, please kindly note that the salary and employment benefits will be set according to your location and therefore it is not possible to include full details here. As an indication if this role was based in the UK the salary would be circa £65,000.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th April
*Applicable locations include: Australia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, China, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.