Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Marketing Communications Officer (Part-Time 50%)*
in Washington DC or New York area
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location may be Washington DC or New York area, USA, with the possibility of working remotely in agreement with your team.
Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) Communications Unit is responsible for ensuring that information from the organization’s project countries, WHH’s general work, and relevant development policy issues gain public media presence. As Marketing Communications Officer in the US, you will help develop a comprehensive communications strategy to propel our presence within the US market. Whether finding compelling narratives about the work in our project countries or crafting impactful marketing material for our US representatives, your contributions will serve as the bedrock upon which US foundations, public donors, UN organizations and interested private individuals will recognize our name and mission in the future. You will be part of the Communications team in Germany. You will report directly to the Head of Communications in Germany and work closely with our US representative on a daily basis.
- Produce high quality capability statements and other marketing and communication materials
- Support or lead in organizing events that promote WHH’s efforts to achieve Zero Hunger
- Develop a communication strategy for social media in the US
- Serve as the focal point for all media inquiries originating in the US
- Initiate relevant content for WHH’s English website
- Work closely with our US Director, as well as with the Communications, Foundation and Institutional donor team in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, politics or related disciplines
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
- Demonstrated ability in composing, editing and refining articles and statements
- Proficiency in effectively utilizing social media platforms
- Exhibit creativity in formulating compelling thematic proposals tailored for US foundations if needed
- Strong capacity to function autonomously within remote team settings
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 25, 2024. Your contact person is Sarah Liem-Hartmann. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.