Senior Program Manager
Redmond, Washington, United States
Date posted: Jul 26, 2023
Job number: 1589735
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Role type: Individual Contributor
Profession: Program Management
Discipline: Technical Program Management
Employment type: Full-Time
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, efficiency, and delivering trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, have technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table – this job is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Program Manager to collaborate with our data science and engineering team to build solutions that improve our Data Center delivery cycle time. As a Senior Program Manager, you will partner with various teams to develop business requirements to standardize the business input and develop a long-term vision and partnering cross functionally.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Deeply understand the Data Center delivery life cycle and underlying information to support leadership and stakeholders make data-driven decisions and continuous process improvements.
- Advocate for our members and provide meaningful insights to internal teams (e.g., Scheduling) working to improve the business process and data reporting.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to increase the quality of data products and support interactions.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders to build and deliver world-class support and data insights experiences.
- Compile comprehensive and accurate client-facing reports on a timely basis.
- Guide business leaders with confidence in your analytics and reporting to ensure smooth execution.
- Summarize and clearly communicate data analysis assumptions and results.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to take a vague problem statement, refine the scope of the analysis, and use the results to drive informed decisions.
- Support day-to-day operations with ad-hoc analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 4+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience of SQL and querying skills with the ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions.
- 2+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Collaborate with data analysts, subject matter experts, and decision-makers to develop data-driven insights to improve the overall member experience.
- Regularly communicate associated outcomes and insights succinctly to various team members at all levels, including senior management, to help guide and influence strategic decisions for improvement.
Advanced skills in Excel, including the ability to create and manipulate complex financial models and perform data analysis using
- advanced functions, such as pivot tables, data validation, and macros.
- Power BI and Tableau data visualization experience are preferred.
- Experience solving business problems and using mathematical techniques using available data.
- Proficient communication and stakeholder management skills
Technical Program Management IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 – $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 – $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Industry leading healthcare
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Maternity and paternity leave
Generous time away
Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.